NOW AVAILABLE at absolutely no cost to all members!
For more information call 1-800-265-6732, extension 219
This online course is a basic training course for first-time leaders new to organized real estate. They learn the roles and responsibilities of association leaders, how to become a valuable committee member and ways to make their volunteer time meaningful and productive.
You will learn:
- Explain how organized real estate is structured and the responsibilities of each level of organization
- Identify the characteristics of not-for-profit organizations
- Demonstrate knowledge of the various leadership roles and responsibilities in a real estate board/association and how they are governed
- Explain the responsibilities of volunteer committee/task force members
- Describe how elected/appointed leaders work with association staff
- Apply the concepts of meeting management, effective discussion and debate, and decision making as a volunteer committee member
- Understand how decisions are made, who makes them, and what process is used to carry out these decisions
- Apply the rules of meeting procedures
- Understand what decisions must be made to balance volunteer time with work and family and what can be achieved as a volunteer grows in their role from a committee member to a leader